Wednesday, March 27, 2013

St Patrick was definitely Mexican

Went to my BFF's house for St. Patty's Day and she made this wonderful, marvelous salsa for me. The salsa was suppose to be an appetizer but since she was serving a traditional St. Patty's Day meal complete with corned beef and cabbage, I chowed down the salsa in between a few leaves of cabbage.

This salsa was tasty and hearty with corn and black beans. I can't wait till summer time because I know that our home grown tomatoes will make this salsa 10 times more delectable.  But even without the home grown tomatoes, this recipe is a winner.  When I brought home the leftovers for Chris to sample, he just heated a corn tortilla over the burner and filled it with the salsa. Soooo gooood!

Ingredients

4 tomatoes chopped
1/2 sweet onion chopped
1/2 to 3/4 c lime
2 big handfuls of chopped cilatro
1 can of black beans
2 c frozen corn thawed
1 bell pepper chopped
1 habenero chopped (we used 2 T of Chris' hot sauce )

Instructions
Mix all together and let it sit for at least 1 hour
Eat with chips or heated corn tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment